ICT DIRECTORATE REVISED ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE• Use of contemporary IT tools for teaching and research Click to Learn more about ICT.
The Moodle (abbreviation for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) learning management system (LMS) is a secure web-based environment used for the development and delivery of course activities and resources. Moodle allows teachers to organize and store course content in a secure web-based environment which their students can access from anywhere at any time. Teachers can post, collect, and grade assignments, administer quizzes, host online discussions, share resources, and more.
- Provision, update and maintenance of the University’s web presence
- Deploy of a Web Content Management System (WCMS)
- Deploy and develop Learning Management System (LMS) tools to support eLearning activities
- Deployment and coordination of Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Plan and develop an institutional repository
- Provision of plagiarism software (eg. turnitin) to staff and students
- Maintain University’s web servers
- Respond to support queries and problems related to the Website, LMS and related content
- Developing accessible interfaces for those with a range of visual impairments
- Provision of Multimedia content, training and support Learn more about ICT.
Note: Click on the linked heading text to expand or collapse item.